/** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } -->

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Defining my style. So I have been thinking about this a lot lately and I do believe that my style is always evolving. As time goes by I learn new techniques, new technology becomes available, and I grow as a photographer. However, I will always strive to find great light, engage my clients, and give my clients the best quality possible.
When I look through my galleries there are a few things that stand out to me as “my style.” I like to get eye contact. That does not mean I do all the time and I do take many pictures without eye contact, but I seem to be drawn to it. I also seem to be drawn to a more serious soulful look. I don’t feel like I have to get a big smile all the time. A lot of the time I will go through different expressions with children. I will say show me your happy face, serious face, grumpy face, ECT. It is that serious face I love. It just seems like you can see right into their soul. Please don’t get me wrong. There is a lot to be said about a laugh and a giggle. They are priceless expression too and I very much enjoy capturing those moments also.
Anyone can pick up a camera and take a picture, but I truly believe great photographers have a gift. A gift to connect with people, read light, and a creative vision for their clients. That is what this journey is all about for me, being a great photographer and bringing joy to each and every client.
As Spring is approaching and my busy time is beginning it is important to me that you all understand what motivates and drives me. I am looking forward to a rewarding and inspiring year.
Now I am off to hide Easter Eggs for tomorrow and edit some pictures from today. Have a Happy Easter!

No comments: